Mouse monoclonal anti-Desmin antibody, clone PBM-3B5
Catalog Number 10-310038
Marker binding Desmin
• Intermediate Filament Protein
Clone PBM-3B5 (3B5)
Species Reactivity Human
Usage Statement RUO (Research use only)
Suitable for IHC-P
Demasking of antigens According to the datasheet
Antigen Desmin, full size recombinant protein
Positive control Uterine tissue
Storage conditions 2-8 °C
Antibodies binds to desmin, a protein of the intermediate filaments of all three types of muscle cells (skeletal, cardiac and smooth muscles) and tumors associated with them. Desmin is a specific marker for the myogenic differentiation of soft tissue tumor cells. Desmin is found in most rhabdomyomas, leiomyomas, rhabdomyosarcomas, leiomyosarcomas, as well as in fibroblasts. Desmin is usually absent in myoepithelial cells.
These antibodies label smooth and striated muscle cells, as well as mesothelial cells. Their use allows us to determine the subtypes of many undifferentiated and pleomorphic tumors using the analysis of intermediate filaments. Antibodies to desmin as part of diagnostic panels are used to determine various pleomorphic tumors of soft tissues and skin.
• 0.1 ml conc. (recommended dilution 1:100)
• 0.5 ml conc. (recommended dilution 1:100)
• 1 ml conc. (recommended dilution 1:100)
• 7 ml diluted, ready to use (RTU)
1. Miettinen M, et al. Am J Surg Pathol. 2000 Feb;24(2):211-22.
2. Hurlimann J. Hum Pathol. 1994 Aug;25(8):753-7.